Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back to School

Yup, I'm finally heading back to school.  Semptember 8th was my first day - grade 10, my sophomore year (I sound so old!)  I'm not even sure if it is sophomore - I think that's an American thing, so, Americans, am I an my sophomore year?

Crazy, crazy Sarah.  In French, I had an oral presentation about my artistic talent - writing!  Although I got overshadowed by a fantastic violinist and singers and whatnot, I'm still proud of my talent :)

English and Business are my least favourite classes.  I can't force myself to say I dislike English the most, but really, I fear I might.  My class is filled with annoying people, and I have no good friends.  I don't belong with the nerds, or the popular kids.  I sit by myself :\


Business is also a drag, but I have 3 good friends in it, even though I was sort of mean to one of them (it bothers me to an extreme when teachers explain assignments we'll be starting tomorrow, and certain people finish them that night.  I mean, we had a computer lab booked.  And she was done.  Meh).  I do feel bad for it though :(

My locker is teensie, but in a great place - I can visit it between every class, which I do, having 3 textbooks and soon-to-be 2 binders.  (I started out the year with 1 binder, because I didn't have enough stuff to fill it.  But now my binder is getting full, so I may bring another one).

History is okay.  I know people in my class, and I understand it pretty well.  I've started off the year with 100%, but it DOES have a lot of homework.  I don't really like homework.  I also have a unit test Monday, which I need to start studying for.  But I understand history - it's common sense.

I know I've left blogging for a while, but I'm trying to find the time to get back into it.  Maybe I'll try scheduling the posts again, it worked pretty well last time :)

S a r a h

P.S. met another person in the library contest I entered with this short story.... I hope I win and he comes in second :P

3 comments:

Devon said...

you suck :P we've been in high school for a month you know ;) and yes, sophmores....oh how I hate sophmores lol. not you of course, but in general ;)

well, good luck in High School! ill try to get back to blogging again too

Golden Eagle said...

Yup, you're a sophomore. (It's freshman, sophomore, junior senior in the US.)

It's too bad about your English class! It's disappointing when a subject you really like is marred by bad experiences.

Sarah said...

@ Devon, haha, but niners are just as bad! They think they own the school already! :P

I'm still not the best blogger, with my way-delayed comment responses :$

@ The Golden Eagle: my English class is improving! I talk to 3 people occasionally and my teacher assigns lots of writing assignments... so, pretty good :)