Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Mockingjay Book Review

The Mockingjay.  How long have I waited for this book to be released?  I read it, like the other two books in the series (The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, all by Suzanne Collins) in about 8 hours, spread out over a late night and early morning.  By the end of the book, my eyes were glazing over and I was tired, making the ending a bit too hazy in my memory, but it was still good.


I'm pretty sure it isn't just me when I say I wish the book had a more in-depth portion describing the fall of Panem (that isn't a spoiler, you knew it was coming, right?) because in the book, Katniss passes out.  Also, she doesn't seem as strong as she did in the first book, but I understand her character more, so I'm fine if she isn't superwoman.

What else can I say?  A lot of characters die, as is the norm for the last of the series.  I survived without tears through the deaths, and luckily, my favourite character was left (although moved away, but alive).  If you're a Peeta fan, be prepared to have your heart broken, glued back together, re-broken, and then sealed whole again by a cute, Harry Potter-esque ending.  I can't say anything about this book without spoiling it!

I rate this a 7.5/10.  But after a good re-read, I may bump that up to an 8 :]

S a r a h

3 comments:

Kendra Logan said...

Hey! I forgot to tell you that I need your email address for the Scavenger Hunt so I can email your clue to you :) If you wouldn't mind, send me a message at livinglovinglaughinglearning@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

~Kendra

Rochelle Blue said...

I agree with you, she doesn't seem as strong as in the other two books.
one of my favorite characters also died in this book (the last character to die) so I was pretty bummed about that too.

your rating is exactly what I would rate this book; all in all, book 1 is my favorite!

-roch

Sarah said...

I hated how that person died, it didn't seem final :(

I hated that they had to die too :P

Glad I'm accurate! Book 1 is very, very good. Book 2 is pretty good too :P