Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scripting...

April is rolling around the corner, and although this is the second year I've known about it, I'm still not sure if I should do it. (I found out about it from HPFF, and then I might've found a link to NaNoWriMo from there, or from HPFF again).

Is scriptwriting as fun as novel? Does it mess up your writing switching between the two? Should I just follow along with a book? Are there any specific plots you would want to have in a script compared to novel? I'm not sure about it... I already wrote a script, and know the format, and have a scriptwriting program... but it still wasn't the greatest fun.

Anyone have any advice?

Also, on another note, I haven't wrote much in... well, forever. VERY bad bits and pieces about random different things.... I never knew you could miss a story this much. It's heartbreaking, with nothing to do in my spare time. When people ask me what I do in my spare time, instead of saying my usual writing a novel... well, I'm left speechless. It's tragic.

I think I'm just.. intelliectually blocked at the moment. :S
- Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm not real sure about script frenzy either. I have a friend that does it and he also does nanowrimo and likes both. I'm not sure what else to say because your experience outweighs mine in this area because I have no experience in scripting.

Glad you liked the excerpt. I really tried to get some ground on my new idea, but it just wasn't working. I don't know what's wrong with me these days. I'm stuck like you. Sucks.