Friday, February 13, 2009

Tyvven

- - - NEW STORY! - - -

I'm so happy! I finally thought of a new story, and one that I can keep! I can't believe I've never thought of it - the idea's been in my head for ages. But it never really surfaced. Well, now it has. Here's the zero-times-edited, subject-to-change beginning.


Tyvven

It was a cold, crisp, clear day. The whole world looked like a perfect autumn picture, leaves lining the ground in almost every fall colour, a crisp wind stirring through the partially bare and looming trees. At the moment, it didn’t look at all scary. Now, when I think of it, I’m terrified. Maybe that’s because of what happened just after, or just something I missed. I was preoccupied, trying to capture my escaped cat as I struggled to understand what had happened on the math test I’d had previously. Now, things like math tests seem trivial.

Very, very trivial. Back then, I was so different. A grade below B and I’d cry my heart out. The faintest wisp of gossip, and I was drawn to the source like a fly to honey. Now, I know worse, and because of that, I’ve been changed forever.

But back in the forest on that perfect, autumn day, I’d just spied my cat hiding in a prickly bush of thorns. Now, I thought, was the time to get out those cat treats. I brought them out of my pocket and shook the tin, opening it and setting a few of the smelly fish-and-beef biscuits on my hand.

“Bailey… come her Bailey… want some treats?” I asked her, “Well you gotta come here.” I knew my cat couldn’t understand a single word I said - except maybe ‘treats’, but nonetheless, she came bounding towards me. I reached out to grab her, just half a meter away from me.

As soon as my hands touched her soft furry coat, a harsh, metallic clang filled my head, and I screamed as I realized the cold, leaf-covered ground was fading away, I, falling right through it.



Please say your opinion! :D thanks.

Sarah

2 comments:

Kori Rockwell said...

Oh, Sarah, it's awesome! Your writing is already showing improvement from Empyrean. It's really great and I'm so excited for you!

Keep posting more tidbits!

Anonymous said...

really really good