Saturday, December 19, 2009

2010 Olympic Torch!

So, I didn't exactly get any pictures - I couldn't find my camera - but I did see the torch pass by!  It was -12 degrees and took forever (seriously, 30 police cars, a fire truck, a Coke truck... it was like the Prime Minister was carrying the torch!) but the person came with all the fire and awesomeness of the pretty 2010 Winter Olypmics clothes (I LOVE how they look!)

The torch looks amazing, and when I followed it up to the fairgrounds/library they were having an interview with the torch bearer (her name was Laura, which is the same as my cousin!).


It was pretty cool, not spectacular, but special all the same.  I love the design of all the clothes/stuff you can get for the olympics.. it's pretty!

BTW, the picture to the right is of where I was, and I'm pretty sure that's our torch runner with the fire-stick ;)

It was also pretty sweet because they had free skating with a mega-big projector/screen playing music videos and music, so it was a skating-dance, and in the back room you could get your picture taken with the torch and talk to the runners!

Writing-wise, there hasn't been much going on, but exams are coming up after my two-week xmas break, (I don't have any formal ones, luckily) and I have a LOT of icky assignment/project stuff.

Life is going pretty well, and I'm REALLY excited for Christmas!  6 days :)

Sarah

4 comments:

Devon said...

hmm..don't pay attention much to the post-Olympic stuff but...looks interesting. Nothing like that would happen where I live though..with all 5000 people in the town :)

18 inches of snow this morning! I'm happy 8P

Rochelle Blue said...

that is sooo cool! I don't usually watch the Olympics but all the same, the games fascinate me!

Sarah said...

Oh la la, SNOW! I have about 15cm here, but it's melting and supposed to rain on Christmas!

My town is pretty small too.. we were kinda suprised, but it was en route to a bigger city :P

Last time I saw the Olympics (summer) I was in Washington and I saw all the US players :( I never realized how a country doesn't center around another country's players, lol.

Merry Christmas if you celebrate! It's SO CLOSE :D

And there's presents under the tree that say "TO Sarah" :D

Devon said...

hehe, its from Santa. He lives right here *pats chest right above heart*

Wow, I just had an amazingly un-manly emotional moment..let me collect myself...

ah, what the heck, i'm a dork anyways :P