Friday, July 16, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

All of this week, from 9:00 to 3:00, I've been volunteering at a local kids day-camp.  Each camp is half a day, so I helped out with two camps.

My first camp, in the morning, was from 9:00 to 12:00, Monday to Friday.  It was a sewing/fleece creatures camp, and the kids got to make animals out of fleece (soft fabric) and stuff them.  There were 8 kids, from 5-11.  They made butterflies, ducks and Pokemon characters.

They were so adorable!

My afternoon class was even younger, with kids either 5, 6 or 7.  They painted, coloured, and dress up to be
monsters!  It went from 12:30 to 2:30, and I got to take them outside for a 15-minute break, where we played What Time Is It Mister Wolf and sat in the Gazebo where it was cooler.


Seriously, I adore little kids.  The past week was one of the most tiring ones every (I was standing all day) but it was also one of the funnest!

Oh, and I also biked from my house (in the country) to the icecream parlour in my town with my sister yesterday, which was fun/HOT! :P

And I refereed and saw my boyfriends soccer game :)

S a r a h

P.S. short update, but I'm having a friend read over my edited portions of Empyrean, and then I'm continuing editing :)

2 comments:

Devon said...

sounds like fun! kids don't like me, I have a really deep voice and I'm pretty tall (two things that don't go well with kids) but I like them a lot anyways.

Sarah said...

Haha :P I think kids like me... I'm always scared of overprotective mothers though, like the ones who think I'm another one of those "bad teens". Gah :P