Saturday, July 31, 2010

This Week


This week was my last week volunteering. There were two of the kids from my earlier week in the programs I did - "Magical Modeling Clay" (used Plasticine and oven-bake polymer clay) and "Papier Mache and Plaster Casting" (you know those treacherous masks you HAVE to do in grade 6? These people voluntarily did them!)
polymer clay (studio by sculpey) pendantsImage via Wikipedia

The picture to the right is what the polymer clay creations would have looked like, if the kids weren't 5-9 years old.  Instead, we had circles and smiley faces, but they were just as good!

The most adorable thing is that one of the kids, named Cameron (ironic, eh?) made me a necklace!
He was one of the kids who was in a class I helped out with two weeks ago, and was 7 years old (I think).  Him and his brother rode their bikes to the class, and I hope he got home okay with all the stuff he made :\.

Anyways, the necklace he made me looks like this:

I also got to make and keep a few things.  My polymer clay creation (a flower that was a ton of work, but worked out beautifully) was the only thing I didn't get to keep, because the instructor needed it.  I'm partial about the fish, but everything else I like :P

Crafts are fun, even for 15-year-olds! haha :P
Fridge magnet, it's a landscape at near-nightfall.
Fridge magnet, sorry for the bad quality :$
Isn't the turtle cute?  Don't you dare say my fish looks crazy!

All in all, it was a fun, busy night - after the camp, I had my sister's birthday on the 26th - party on the 25th and this upcoming 6th - linesmanning on the 27/28 and a friend's house on the 29th.  I was exhausted, but it was worth it :]

Plus, I have all my hours and a great experience for my application to the daycare at my fitness thingy center - I want to work there so bad!

S a r a h

3 comments:

Devon said...

sounds like your having a fun summer :)

Rochelle Blue said...

awwwwwww how cute! I love the necklace, kid-made-things are just the best.

Sarah said...

I am Devon! (Whoa for late response :$) I only have 4 weeks left of the summer :(

And I agree Rochelle, kids make the cutest stuff :)