Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tell Me I'm Crazy

The Sims 3Image via Wikipedia
Lately, I've been playing Sims 3 a lot. First, it was because I got a new town off the Sims 3 website. Then, it was because I bought the new expansion pack, Ambitions - which is cool, and also came with a new town (can you guess I love new towns?)

Now, my Sims-crazed mind has wanted to press "3" on my keyboard to fast forward through loading screens. I've planned out my new triplets lives, and thought about Sims while doing almost anything.

I've also got this crazy, crazy-stupid idea for a story.



However, maybe it'll help me fix the idea/stop being obsessed with Sims.... right?

The first idea that came into my head would be the beginning scene. There's a girl in a hospital/goverment/workplace room, getting her biceps measured by this scowling mean lady. The girl immediately didn't like the lady, but is relieved when she loosens the measuring tape a little and says that the FMC barely made it past level 4. FMC smiles, thinking everything will be okay, but then the lady tells her that despite the fact that the rest of her body is ready for Level Four Fitness, her calves are not, and therefore she will not be able to advance.

The girl is poor, spent all of her paycheck into getting the appointment to (hopefully) level up, and now that she can't, she doesn't know how she'll support her family until her next pay check. She really, really needed this advance, so she could advance her soccer career and make more money - possibly getting into a professional team.

Geddit? I don't have a problem yet, but as this is sent in an era much like the Uglies (by Scott Westerfeld), I think the Prime Minister will be rooting for the team the FMC isn't on, and she'll find out about all this bad stuff, revolt maybe, and whatnot :]

Anyways, give me you thoughts, opinions and down-to-earth STOP PLAYING SIMS please and thank-you :)

S a r a h

P.S. in 3 weeks I'll be linesmanning a WOMENS soccer game... usually I do under 14s! Scary, but exciting :P

3 comments:

Devon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hey, sorry you haven't heard from me for a while, maybe the problem could be pressure from peers/ parents to HAVE to do better, and if she doesn't she dies, say she's adopted or something and the family uses her for money, and doesn't treat her that well. anywho, tell me what you think... cowgirl0013@gmail.com , and maybe i can help you figure it out. great idea btw

Sarah said...

Hey :) how's it going?

I like that idea, but I think I'm gunna try something do with the antagonist loving the FMC... and HE'll be the one who wants to destroy the world, and while she won't really know if she likes the world, she'll want to protect it and all. That sounds good, right? :S It's a confusing story in my head right now.

:) S a r a h