Friday, March 6, 2009

Invincible

With my new story just over reach 4,000 words, I've finally figured out the angle I'm taking it and, most importantly, the names!

Here's the scoop: "I" or the MMC, was called 8276 by the army. His favorite word is Invincible, because he thinks he is invincible, so when asked for a name, he says Vince. Really, his parents named him Jamie, which comes out around the end of the book (and will be used to future ones). If you're curious, he looks like the picture below. (which is Alex Pettyfer)


BUT, he's not the only person in my story. He meets a girl named "Wings" or so she calls herself. I'm looking for opinions on whether she should actually have wings... not sure yet. But anyways, Wing's dies after telling him he's not invincible.. and she in her dying breath says her name is Sylvia Browning. So then, of course, Vince has to go and find out who Sylvia Browning is. She looks like this: (really it’s Alexis Bledel)


The main plot is that, well, first Vince getting out, then staying out and getting around all the attacks The Bishop launches. Then he meets up with some escaped "friends" who are really under-cover spies. Wings is somehow, in some way, with them. No one knows they're undercover until Wings and Vince are captured. Of course, though, they escape and are on the run together. Wings dies when they're resting up in a tower after they had to back out of a fight - something's wrong with Vince and he just can't fight anymore. She's saying how he's not invincible, and all this inspirational stuff... and then a single bullet is shot, and she dies. <3>

So, good? Bad?

- gotta go write! -

1 comment:

Rochelle Blue said...

wow... this is turning out to be quite the story! I mean, if your book was ever published, I'd be the first person in line to purchase it! I mean it! your main male character kind of reminds me of a younger version of James bond...;) and he's also really good looking lolz!
Wings! I absolutely love that for a nickname! really good choice...!
uhmm... by wings, do you mean like a tattoo of wings or actual wings that birds and butterflies have?
if you ever want someone to read one of your excerpts and give an opinion, my e-mail is rochelle_indigo_blue@yahoo.com