Monday, March 16, 2009

More InVincible

I'm starting to get a teensie bit of writers block.. but no fear! I'm just planning it out and skipping ahead to do the scenes I want to rigght now - which is always fun :D) I even did this entire spreadsheet on excel like I did for Empyrean. (BTW, InVincible is right now 5,519 words! Yippee!)

So, do you want to here a SUPER long summary? Here you go:

Vince was kidnapped by the Bishop and has lived in the Bishop's evil, war training camp for seven years. But now, he's out and running away, just as his old hero, Kyle Pellar had inspired him to. Now, Kyle is a (live) punching bag for trainees. For one year, the Bishop allows the trainees to chase escapees... one year of being on the run. But Vince is up to it - he's inVINCEable.

But is he?

At a high school he visits, he meets a girl named Wings. Later, he meets some "escaped" old friends of his, and Wings is with them. This these friends, together they try to track down their parents. But then something unexpected happens: Wings dies.

In her final words, she says that her real name is Sylvia Browning. But before Vince has a chance to figure out who that is, his "friends" show thier true identities as trainees, and he's taken back to the Bishop. There he waits for another chance to escape, and bribes people into figureing out who Sylvia is.

It turnes out Sylvia is the daughter of the madman Harold. Harold is, simply, insane. But he's a genius. Harold has figured out how to bring people back to life, and create them into half-human, half-animal creatures. Once Vince is out of the Bishop's grasp, he sets out to find Harold, beging him to bring back his daughter (wings). He does, for a price that he'll also make her have actual Wings - which he was always going to do, but then she escaped. Vince agrees, and once Wings is back they get away from Harold and find Vince's parents.

The book ends with them finding Vinces parents, who tell him his real name is Jamie Pellar. His brother, is Kyle Pellar. Dun dun dun dunnnnn....

Sound pretty okay, right? Now, the only problem is I seem to have lost my ability to write. Words don't seem to fit together anymore :S See?

Invincible, pg 10

The store was dark and stuffy. The perfume was even stronger here, the sweet sticky scent made me gasp for air. Clothes lined the walls and crowded on tables. Bright lights illuminated the colours, making them stand apart from the dark, dim surrounding areas.

A sign at the back with a blue light on it read “Washroom” and I headed towards it. People were giving me funny looks - it would be a good idea to get clean, and then buy some new clothes.

I came out of the washroom looking more like myself. I’d tried to make myself look more relaxed, but only half succeeded. But that was better than nothing. I grabbed a few shirts and pants, not sure of the size, and headed toward the “Fitting Rooms” sign.

It took a while to find something that fit, but eventually I made it out. I wore a plain, black collared t-shirt with baggy jeans. Just outside, racks of shoes were visible in the dying light. I took a pair, amazed at the lack of security.

Now, I didn’t know what to do. The sun was going down, and the air was getting cooler. I needed somewhere to stay for the night. I followed a crowd of teenagers about my age to the ocean. There were a small stand of trees off to the side, so I headed over there, climbed one and found a nice, wide branch to sleep one. Problem solved.

Tomorrow…. I thought, tomorrow I would have to get further away from here. But I liked the city - despite the crushing crowds of people and overwhelming smells. The fast-pace of city life seemed to calm me, and I needed that.

I fell asleep a few moments after the sun went down, and awaked just a few moments after it came up. It felt great to finally be able to sleep for the entire night. A luxury, sleeping.


How awkard and icky is that? :S

1 comment:

Rochelle Blue said...

sounds good so far! its kind of like a maximum ride/james bond sort of story, but I like that!
I thought your excerpt was pretty good... but maybe you can make him a bit more talkative? I find that when I'm writing dialogue scenes, my writer's block seems to evaporate. that and action scenes... maybe it will work for you?
all in all, I like it! =)