Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fastest 1000 Words Ever




NaNoWriMo is going better than I thought yesterday, but not as great as I thought a few days ago.  I'm at a part that usually would have made me avoid the computer for days.. but instead, I blasted through the biggest chunk of that today!

Go me?

Right now what has happened to Echo, my main character is this:



Echo wakes up and has a normal school day with fun debates and such in a very unschool like ghost school, in her town of 600.  Then Pascal comes and tells her an inventory is taking place, and being a second generation ghost (ghost parents, never 'alive' which is very rare) she needs to hide.  If the government knows she's second gen, they will do bad things.. dun dun dunnn.

Then, Echo hides but a government official is about to find her and her brother.  Pascal goes and the guy doesn't find Echo... aka Pascal sacrificed himself for her.  Echo feels horrible, and when she gets out of their hiding place and realizes her entire family has been gone and town ransacked and destroyed because they couldn't find her she leaves, using her newfound power with electricity (which she cannot control the slightest and can only use because she is extremely upset).

Fast forward 8 weeks, and she's passing through a forest and is attacked by ghost-hater Nike, who is a crossbreed between ghosts and humans and is searching for his ghost father, who he wants to kill horribly.  Hence the ghost hating.  Nike and Echo fight against, then with each other as the government comes into play.  The government is searching for them, plus a bad make-up company called NeonLights.  So, bound together by fater and want for survival, Nike and Echo work together for two weeks before they are caught by an employee of both NeonLights and the gov, Jason, and taken to the government's building.

And from there.. they will escape and go to the dangerous, radioactive No Zone!

Mwahahahahahahaha?

I'm a bit behind on my word count, but not that far!  I can do this :)

Sarah

P.S. HERE is my NaNoWriMo account in case you want to see my writing graph under NaNo Stats, or a summary under Novel Info.

2 comments:

Devon said...

dang, 1000 in 17 min?? *bust out calculator* that's like..58 wpm. dang. nice job, though ;)

Sarah said...

It's totally amazing, that's what it is :D