Saturday, November 21, 2009

World Hello Day


Hello!  Bonjour!  Yia Sou!  Hola!  Hi!  Goedendag!  Salut!  Hey!  Haai!  Hej!

According to the radio, today is World Hello Day.  Cool!  Just say hello to 10 people (or write it 10 times) and well... you've participated.  :)

As for NaNo, I have a pretty spotty progress chart.  Some days, I just sit down and write my heart out, and then others I write my character's heart out because I can't think of anything else.  I am getting there, however, and 30k is a BIG accomplishment.  I know I can do 50, this is the best I've done (last year was worse, believe me).  I haven't even used any cheats yet, like the Find&Replace can't to can not and names to their full name.  You can get about a 1000 words out of that, and then another 1000 words for long, long, lonnnnggggg chapter headings.

But right now I don't even have chapter headings!  Whooo!

Although I did make the messy mistake of killing a ghost like a human, I'm getting over that because I hated the dude (Ethan) and just wanted him dead - I can make his soul forget what a human shape looks like later :)


I went skating yesterday with my friends, which was fun because I got to make fun of my boyfriend the entire time xD.  I was just joking, and he knew it, and it was one of those times that really makes you happy to have someone who gets your jokes (after hanging out with people at lunch who only care about who likes them, obsessively).

Also, I'm extremely sad to say that sex ed. is part of my school's gym curriculum, so frankly, I had to go to www.sexualityandu.ca and research birth control.  Err... not planning on stuff like that until I'm at least engaged, so I don't get the point.... especially when we had to learn how to put a condom on a bananna.  Pervs rule the schoolboard, and the pervy guys in my other classes heard about it and made fun of me all day.  Ew, gross... horrible!

Anyways, I have to go write now! 

Sarah

P.S. 81st post dudes and dudettes :)

4 comments:

Devon said...

lol, seems like your life's going well, even with sex ed :P Don't know if its good or bad that you actually want to kill somebody while writing about him (being engaged in the story vs being obsessed with it lol) but it does seem to be a good story..then gain i haven't really gotten the chance to read any of it :P
Hello! (that's about as far as I can get with language, sucks to be me XD)

Sarah said...

Ha, I just don't want to bother writing Ethan anymore, and killing him is the easiest way to get rid of him. Plus he's a traitor... just overall no-gooder.

I had to make this amazing mindmap of birth control in seriously every colour in my sisters 200-pen set. I just wish it wasn't on THAT, because then I could show the world my rockingness :P

Logan said...

I must be the laziest person in the world (at least on the net). Every time I see someone make a reference to NaNoWriMo, I think 'what is that?' and don't bother simply opening another browser window and looking it up.

I guess the less said about your class, the better...Hope you survive.

Sarah said...

Okay... NaNoWriMo is a month-long event that anyone can participate in. How you participate is by writing 50,000 or at least trying to in one month - November - which is about 1670 words a day. 'Cept they don't have to be good, amazing, publishable words.. just an attempt of a book, whcih can be barely visible beneath the major editing needs :P

Still surviving the class. Barely, but enough :D