Thursday, April 1, 2010

Post One Hundred

This is my hundredth post!

ONE
HUNDRED
POSTS


I think that is a pretty special number.  It means I've filled up a lot of space with my words, and you must know a lot about me.  It means I've changed my blog layout at least 5 times, and that I've spent over 100 hours on this lovely Blogger interface.  It means I've been here for a year, averaging 2 posts a week.


So, to be frank, I think I could be classified as a pretty pro blogger.  And, in my prowess, I've been editing Empyrean, and I just might put a bit of the edited parts up here....

But there's a problem, you see.  The part I've edited is the beginning, the part I've posted the most.

But this is a WRITING blog.  I shall show my WRITING, right?  So, look at this and think of my editing prowess, not the plotline..

(K, so Empyrean is a corrupt country, the main character (first person; 'I') is a girl named Aerynn.  She has the power to summon water and control it, which is a mega-good power.  When she is 6, she's trapped in a burning building and discovers her power then.  After that, everyone likes her because she is powerful, and the greedy people just want power).

Empyrean, chpt1
....... (she's talking bout the building she's in, and how no one ever comes to rescue the victims - like her).
 Soon, sightings such as these would become so common that one burning building would hardly affect you.  No longer would you stare at the tragedy, just avert your eyes and continue on, your smile never faltering.  One fire was no different from the last one, and neither of them amounted to much in anyone’s eyes.

It was rare for a building fire like this to get the attention of our country’s fire fighters.  The police force was many in Empyrean, but fire response was never high on their priority list.  On the news, you heard about riots and assassination attempts, not house or factory fires.  They just wasn’t important enough.

They weren’t important enough to stop as well.  Not the ones before, and not this one.  There was not a doubt in my mind that there was no help coming to save me.

The flames grew closer and the undersides of my arms started to hurt, the waves of heat rolling towards me, stinging my eyes.  My skin was burning, I realized, and a gut-wrenching fear rocketed through my body.  Horror consumed me, fighting the very grasp of my sanity. 

 I was six years old and dying in an abandoned, burning building.

Good?  I hope so.  I'm sorry for the randomness.  That's the latest part I've edited.

OH!  I just finished reading FANG.  I don't like James Patterson.  He hires ghost writers and is in it ONLY for the money.  At least, to me.  Maximum Ride has been going on forever, most likely because of its fan-base, and a large fan-base means more money.  That's why, I borrowed this read ;)

The book itself isn't that bad.  Sure, they randomly go from fighting to making out in three seconds flat, but at least the emotions seem to be correct.  The ending is confusing.  Where people STAND are confusing.  It seems like the wide fan-base has made this book hard to please everyone, so all these other bits had to be added, subtracted and glossed over so you weren't really sure if you were getting what you wanted or not.

Okay, dislike of the author aside, it was a fun read.  A curl-up-on-your-couch sort of read, a skip-the-last-part-and-don't-miss-much read.  3/10?  5/10 for the BOOK.


And yes, I am biased for all those smarticle learners who were probably thinking along those lines.

New project in math: discover if there is a connection between grade 9 English mark and partaking in after-school activities.

English:  write a descriptive paragraph which doesn't stretch the truth quite as much (I have a habit of doing that :$) on the Hunger Games arena.

French:  I'm ahead.  Learn the verbs most kids already know.  Know the conjugations as well.

Science:  Neaten up my binder, work on chapter 5.3-5.6.... all on the boring particle theory, matter, and substances.  Yawn.

Here ends the 100th post, followers and friends :)
S a r a h

P.S. has anyone else realized the glitchly lack-of-curser in the posting box?

1 comment:

Devon said...

100? I'm still on 50 something. Need to update my blog more...

Empyrian (sp?) looks great, still working on my Fae/Kai book, which is going pretty slow right now, with all the nice weather we've had.

Thinking of reading Fang, but I'm busy reading some John Adams biography that's some 600 pages long, so It may be awhile.

Ran 4 miles today, without stopping. I'm proud of myself lol