Thursday, April 23, 2009

An Icky Poem Of Mine

Recently, we've begun to analyse poetry in class. We have a project to analyse 2 songs and 2 poems. This made me think of the poetry I've written - which was mainly in grade 5 through 7.

This poem is one of the two which I'm willing to actually share - the rest are horrible beyond normal, human means.

The reason why I don't like my poetry is because it's not depressing enough - or at all meaningful. The stuff I'm reading on the U of T site, Representative Poetry Online, now that is pretty powerful and deep stuff. My poems are on the surface, face value, etc.

But here you go, your enjoyment for today:


Senses

I see an animal in the forest,
One life alone among the rest.

I hear a drum-beat in the rain -
A spooky rap on the windowpane.

I feel the tremor of a ‘quake,
A reminder of lives at stake.

I touch the first snowflake fall,
A pioneer of them all.

I smell salt of the sea;
Find the hope to set me free.

I sense the coming of disaster,
And keep running faster.



Pretty, err, uh, interesting eh?

(sorry for the wierd formatting earlier)

5 comments:

Devon said...

Hey, it's great! Love the imagery in it

Devon said...

BTW how did you manage to put that video on the last post? i want to make on my blog (someday I'll be Saturday night)

Sarah said...

Oh, i used videocure.. mainly because it was one of the first ones to come up... just search the song and then underneath the video/click here to see video it'll say like, Embed Code... I just used to overall code they give, not the blogger one.. (though I did have to change some things cuz there was no opening tag to some of the things....)

But yeah, I bet a ton of sites can do it.. just look for the embed.

Sarah said...

(wow I use a lot of ....)

Devon said...

cool, thx