Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What, Exactly?

What, exactly, do you say to the normal "oh, you're a writer? Can I read your story?"

I'm stuck.

Usually I say it isn't finished.. or avoid that topic overall. But sometimes I just want to talk about it - it's a great feeling to be "telling the story of thousands of people" - even if it's a completely made-up story. But what do you do when someone starts to talk about your.. "hobby(?)"?

I'm tired of those awkward conversations.. be done with thou! (We're reading the pervy Romeo and Juliet in class... which, by the way, is totally overrated - as is ALL shakesphereian texts, perfect people who are perfectly tragic. I'm searching for a writer from that era who writes better than him (if you've found one, tell me!) so I can complete my reasons why shakesphere sucks (with a comparison!)A

nyways, ttyl and goodnight
(well, where I am and at the time I'm writing this - but for all those other times, good afternoon, evening, morning, noon and goodnight.

:)

S a r a h

2 comments:

Rochelle Blue said...

I also get stuck with those conversations. People really want to know what I'm writing and I really want to talk about it with them, but I just find it difficult as you do.
ha sorry but Shakespeare is the only one I know of that era ;)

Sarah said...

It's pretty awkward explaining all the details and stuff... but sometimes it's ok.. occationally.

Thanks :)