Saturday, October 10, 2009

Titles For NaNo And Such

Lately I've been getting busy. Really, I should be more busy, but I think this is busy enough for me.

I have had the time to get a for-now title for my NaNo - The Reincarnater.  I named it that (with the help friends) because there's a legend about the No-Zone, the all ghosts know - kinda like Little Red Riding Hood, but it's about a group of people that live in a No-Zone and know the ancient ways of wisdom, how to make sense of all things ghost-like and human, etc.  That's why Echo goes to the No-Zone nearest her in the first place - but that’s a different No-Zone, not the special one.  Still, almost every No-Zone has a group of escapees in it, so it’s fine that the legend goes unfixed because it’s a secret way of telling them to go to a No-Zone.  Also, in another No-Zone the legend is real, because that's where the Reincarnaters - the people Echo becomes on of at the end to save all ghosts - hang out between their journeys around the world reincarnating people.  That's where she meets the last Reincarnater (should I add the Last in to the title?) who says that she is the only one he's found with the right personality and beliefs for the job (not even Nike) and in his dying breath gives her the power, which she activates sending an old ghost back.  From then on she gets a slight tug where ever a ghost is, because all ghosts need to be reincarnated.  Even people who don't want to leave tug, like Nike.  But Nike decides to follow her (trying to avoid that decision whether he should or not, though) and such... etc.


Good?  Bad? I'm wondering whether Nike should be Nyke, as you say his name n-EYE-k, and Nyke is more like how it's pronounced.. but going from Aerynn (Empyrean) to Nyke makes me think y's are girly, and Nike is a guts-and-steel boy (okay, maybe prince charmingly as well, but NOT girly).  What's your opinion?

On another note, I finished reading The Nature Of Jade and Wild Roses.  Both are girly, love-struck, but great books, which I read courtesy of my library, which I now volunteer at.  The volunteering has been going pretty good - not great, but not all together bad either.  I usually go Thursdays, but for the next few weeks it'll be Tuesdays.. but either way, I never leave without a book.

SO excited for NaNoWriMo!  It's pretty much the only thing to look forward to besides Christmas, so it's never too far away from my train of thoughts :D.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!  I think you american's have it at a different time of year, but tomorrow is my parents anniversary and the day after thanksgiving dinner!

Later!
Sarah

2 comments:

Devon said...

looks like a great plot line...going to be interesting on how it all fits together.
anyways, good luck on the writing thing!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to write it! :D

But now I have to do homework :(