Saturday, October 24, 2009

Progress Spreadsheet for NaNo and Other

Shall we say I'm amazing?  It took me a morning to make this amazing spreadsheet for NaNoWriMo.

And trust me when I say it's amazing.  I was working on it for 4 hours; perfecting every last formula and testing it half a gazillion times.. and now I absolutely love it!

In case you want to see/use it, you can open it by clicking here or for non-Vista (I hope this works) here, and then for both clicking the link again (needs Excel to work).  It doesn't exactly work as a page because the formulas don't really show. 

Still, I think it's amazing.  I added in comments because I got bored, and didn't want my future self to screw it up.  But the rest of it is pure genius.

Anyways, still on the NaNo note, The Reincarnater is becoming pretty well planned.  I think I might lay off the planning a bit though, and just have one event per day instead of one for every odd paragraph.  That could take the fun out of writing... if that's even possible!

Yesterday and the Friday before that I went skating with my boyfriend - no falling for either of us!  I was proud.

Also, I've discovered a way to wash my dog
- now 1 year old.  He really doesn't like water!


It's getting colder now, and I have an awesome jacket (I got it for $75 on sale!).  Life, despite being horribly upsetting right now, is at least not bringing me down with it.  I'm happy.

In some places it's going to snow up to 10 centimeters this weekend - further north, like Sudbury or Timmins.. but that still freaks me out!  I like the jeans, light jacket and t-shirt weather.  Not the snow, although it will be fun for a while.

Gotta go catch up and ahead of that homework for November!  I'll be pretty busy, so have a scary Halloween and I'll see you in November at the latest.




Sarah

5 comments:

Devon said...

Very girlie lol..can't relate to half of whats said, but I've come to expect that in this blog..j/k (maybe :P). Your link doesn't work on my PC, but it looks like your story's going to be great!

now, if I can only find time to start blogging again (this is becoming a constant on all of my reply's, isn't it lol)

Sarah said...

Haha, lol. Sorry bout the girlyness - at least I'M used to it :P.

But the spreadsheet is definately not girly. It has orange, which is a nutrel boy/girl colour. Plus, it's all set up to show how close you are to your word count for the day, and what percent you are done of your final word count.. and than all this awesome such :D.

But now I'm making myself work on more BTT scrapbook, which has become a pain. Urgh.

And good luck on finding a blogging topic! xD It's sorta hard.. if it wasn't for NaNo-fueled stuff, I don't know what I would be posting.

Kori Rockwell said...

Your spreadsheet is awesome, SO much better than mine. Mine is so boring lol.

I'm excited about your NaNo novel. Can I read it when you're finished?!

Rochelle Blue said...

your spreadsheet is awesome! I also have one, but it's not as impressive as yours is!
Ohhh could I read your novel too when your done with it? I would be so honored!

your jacket looks very comfy and warm... we don't need jackets where I live... well, we don't need them at the moment ;)

Have a Happy Halloween!

Sarah said...

Thanks Rochelle, i had a great halloween. Reading the story may take place... billions of years into the future, because at this point it'll need some editing (PERFECTIONIST!)

And a TON of spreadsheets are better, but mine was good for a start :D. I have 4 I'm using, and all of them are saying different things. Weird, but helpful because one says that 6,000 words isn't good enough :D.